Secure Freedom Radio is made possible by listeners like you.
With Harold Rhode, Michael O’Hanlon, Gordon Chang, Katie Gorka
HAROLD RHODE, former Advisor on Islamic Affairs in the Office of the Secretary of Defense:
- Implications of the election of Recep Tayyip Erdogan as President of Turkey on the ongoing power struggles in his country
- Why is Erdogan willing to settle for a mainly ceremonial position?
- Possible replacements for Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki
- Thoughts on the conflict between Israel and Hamas
MICHAEL O’HANLON, Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution’s Center for 21st Century Security and Intelligence:
- Application of the “Responsibility to Protect” (R2P) norm in Iraq
- Can Turkish leader Erdogan be a reliable US ally?
- The impact of the US withdrawal of forces from Afghanistan on America’s broader Middle East policy
- An update on the situation in Eastern Ukraine and Russia’s agenda in the region
GORDON CHANG, author of “The Coming Collapse of China”:
- The threat posed to Malaysia and Indonesia by fighters returning from the ranks of ISIS
- The rise of militarists in the Chinese government
- Chinese crackdowns on Western businesses and employees
- The impact of an anti-corruption campaign on the Chinese economy and the Communist Party
KATIE GORKA, President and co-Founder of the Council on Global Security:
- Campaigns to eliminate Christians from Iraq and parts of the Middle East and North Africa more broadly
- Was President Obama showing “selective concern” when he intervened to protect the Yazidis but not the Christians also endangered by the Islamic State?
- The response- or lack thereof- from Church leaders to the persecution of Christians