At CPAC 2018, the Center for Security Policy convened two panels addressing threats to two of our most cherished freedoms: freedom of speech and freedom of religious expression.
An archive of the entire live Facebook event can also be viewed here.
Panel 1: “Save the Persecuted Christians”
A new coalition committed to protecting Christian believers and their communities globally has come together to raise the awareness of the American people and their elected representatives about the plight of persecuted Christians worldwide, create an irresistible transpartisan political force to support them and hold accountable those engaged in such persecution and create powerful disincentives to it.
• Dr. Jerry Johnson, President and CEO, National Religious Broadcasters
• Father Andre Mahanna, Maronite Catholic priest, President of the Apostolic Union of Clergy in the US
• Faith McDonnell, Institute on Religion and Democracy
• Suzanne Scholte, Defense Forum Foundation, North Korea Freedom Coalition
Panel 2: “Wither Freedom?”
Prospects for defeating the current global assault on freedom of speech by both the global jihad movement and the radical Left, often in alliance.
• Moderator, Frank Gaffney, Präsident and CEO, Center for Security Policy
• Katie Hopkins, Rebel Media, UK-based filmmaker, columnist, radio host and best-selling author: Rude
• Deborah Weiss, Esq., Center for Security Policy Senior Fellow, VigilanceNow.org, Author: The Organization of Islamic Cooperation’s Jihad on Free Speech, Islamist Influence in Hollywood (Forthcoming)