With Captain Jim Fanell
CAPTAIN JIM FANELL, Retired from US Navy in 2015 concluding 30 year career as a naval intelligence officer specializing in Indo-Asia Pacific security affairs with an emphasis on the Chinese Navy, Former National Security Affairs Fellow at the Hoover Institute at Stanford University:
- What does the ‘China Dream’ entail?
- Is a new Cold War underway between the US and China?
- Xi’s ambitions for Taiwan
- Implications of China’s Belt and Road Initiative
- Beijing’s goal to replace dollar as reserve currency
- Dangers of China’s militarization of space
- The importance of restoring the Naval nuclear deterrent
- Is the peaceful rise of China still a possibility?
- Dangers of Xi’s Strategic Support Force
- Why we must transform the culture of how we deal with the PRC
- How to make the US Navy competitive again