Homeland SecurityOther Homeland Security topics
The Center advocates strong security efforts by the government to prevent terrorist attacks within the United States, reduce America’s vulnerability to terrorism, and minimize the damage and recover from attacks that do occur. We track important developments in homeland security policies and programs in the United States National Guard, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the United States Coast Guard, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the United States Secret Service, the Transportation Security Administration, and Civil Air Patrol. Important issues include emergency preparedness and response; domestic intelligence activities; critical infrastructure protection; border security, including both land and maritime borders; transportation security, including aviation and maritime transportation; biodefense; detection of radioactive and radiological materials; and research on next-generation security technologies.
Center Products & Publications
- Iraqi Forces Retake Rawa, the Last IS-Held Town In Iraq Julia Sora
- The Growing Threat From China’s Military Secure Freedom Radio
- Myanmar Military Report Blames ARSA for Rohingya Crisis, Acquitting Itself Julia Sora
- The Clintons’ Last Stand Frank Gaffney, Jr.
- Islamic State fighters Escape Raqqa and Airstrikes Hit “De-Escalation Zone” Alexandra Johnson